Patients undergoing inpatient treatment must pay a bed-day fee of 2.5 euros for each calendar day that has started but no more than 10 calendar days per illness. When a patient is transferred from a hospital’s medical department to a hospital’s rehabilitation department, a new medical case is started.
The bed-day fee is not charged in following cases:
- For patients without national health insurance cover
- Upon provision of in-patient specialised medical care related to pregnancy or delivery
- Upon provision of in-patient specialised medical care to a person younger than 19 years of age
- For a period when intensive care is provided
- Upon provision of day care and day surgery services
- Upon provision of an independent in-patient nursing service
- Upon provision of in-patient rehabilitation that is subject to cost-sharing
- Upon provision of paid in-patient health services
- Upon provision of in-patient chemotherapy
- In the case of repeated admissions up to 30 days after the end of the first hospitalisation if the repeated hospitalisation is caused by a complication that occurred at East Tallinn Central Hospital
- For hospital stays for a caregiver of a child of under one year of age
- In the event of the patient’s death during hospitalisation
The independent in-patient nursing care self-financing fee is 18,64 euros per bed day.
You can pay the bed-day fee in cash or by card at all hospital reception desks. In exceptional cases, the bill can also be paid by bank transfer or in our patient portal iPatsient.
If the payment deadline is exceeded, we will send you a reminder. If payment is not received, we have the right to assign the claim to a company providing debt collection services. To avoid any inconvenience, please pay all of your invoices on time.
The bed-day fee is established on the basis of §71 of the Health Insurance Act by the decision of the Board of East Tallinn Central Hospital on 18 February 2013.