- Family physician's advice line 1220 or +372 634 6630 – In the case of simpler health problems, family physicians and nurses provide advice 24 hours a day in both Estonian and Russian. You can ask for advice in English every day from 15:00 to 17:00. In the case of health problems that require more urgent intervention, the call is forwarded to the Alarm Centre. It is also possible to get personalised counselling on the family physician's helpline. In order to provide more detailed health advice, with the permission of the person, the counsellor can see the caller's health information (e.g. diseases suffered, prescribed medicines and previous tests). In personalised counselling, the information is transmitted to the health information system. Call charge based on the operator's price list.
- Paediatric help line 1599 – A helpline for health problems affecting children; paediatricians offer advice. Counselling takes place Mon-Fri from 08:00 to 22:00. Call charge is 1 euro per minute.
- Poison Information Line 16662 – Nurses and physicians with long-term emergency medical experience advise anonymously around the clock on poisoning and allergic reactions (household chemicals, overdoses, fungi, plants, alcohol, insect and animal bites, etc.) and help find the most appropriate course of action quickly. Call charge based on the operator's price list.
- Health Insurance Fund information line 16363. Mon-Thurs from 08:30 to 16:30; Fri from 08:30 to 14:00. Call charge based on the operator's price list.
- Information line of the Social Insurance Board 16106 or 612 1360. Mon-Thurs from 09:00-17:00. Call charge based on the operator's price list.
- Telephone counselling and communication service 'Helper' 6500 650 for the elderly and people with special needs, bringing together those in need and volunteers in order to provide a way for people who feel alone to communicate. In addition, counselling and information services on life management issues are provided. Mon-Fri from 09:00 to 17:00. Service is free of charge.